You decided it was time to replace your shower doors and you could not be happier with how they turned out. However, you want these doors to last. Precision Glass Services creates and installs shower doors that are high quality and durable. However, there are still steps you can take to ensure you are maintaining them correctly.
What to Do
- Make sure you are cleaning your shower doors with a towel or squeegee after exposure to water.
- Leave the shower doors open to allow for better circulation if your bathroom is not well-ventilated. This will allow the water to evaporate quicker and decrease the chance of mildew build-up.
- To avoid harsh cleaning solutions, make your own by mixing baking soda and liquid soap. You will want a thicker consistency to create this environmentally-friendly cleaner.
What Not to Do
- Do not use acid-based cleaners as this will cause damage to the glass and/or metal on your shower.
- Avoid cleaners that contain vinegar, ammonia, and bleach. These ingredients can cause wear and tear to your shower doors that would not be there otherwise.
- Avoid direct and excessive water pressure on seals as this can wear them down and lead to leaking in the future.
It is known that if you want something to last, you need to take care of it, and shower doors are no different. If you want them to bring you years of trouble-free use, follow the suggestions above.